I’m noticing a trend — many (most?) of the people moaning about Google Buzz have not actually created a product of their own and put it out there. Five thoughts…
- It was smart for Google to get into the space now (i.e. Titan is coming).
- It was smart for them to integrate it into an existing platform (versus yet another – ff anyone?).
- It will be smart if they continue to make it work better (see WSJ.com – if you subscribe…grrr).
- It will be smart if they do that quickly (time will tell).
- It is smart that Mashable (and a few others), are engaging in the space.
Those who are engaging vs. bemoaning are doing two things for all of us:
- Making the product better through real use not speculation, and
- Showing us ways to use the product well right now
The longer I work in the world of ideas, the more I realize that actually rolling up your sleeves and doing something: making a product, building a website, writing a paper – or even a blog post – is better than not doing anything.
Hats off to Mashable for always embracing the new, and helping us figure out how we can use it. They have a bias toward action that is admirable.
Is anyone else doing anything interesting with Buzz right now? (complainers need not apply)